Monday, May 31, 2010

Mérida - Adventure Capital of Venezuela




Today I got to spend the morning flying... Paragliding over Cañon de Chama. It was an absolutely gorgeous day to take flight and we drove about 1000m up to the top of a canyon where we got suited up and ran off the edge... it was very exhilerating to spend about 40 minutes in the air completely free!

For those who worry about me when I go a day or two without posting... be forewarned!!! I'm going to be offline for the next 6 days; doing a two day rafting trip down some class 3-4 rivers and then going directly to Los Llanos, a savannah area south of the Andes for a SAFARI!!! We'll be searching for 12-15' Anacondas, Boa Constrictors, Pihrana, Alligators and many more exciting species! If this turns out to be my final post you can assume that I got a little too close to the wild creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment